Friday, January 23, 2009

An Afternoon in DUMBO

As Jared mentioned over on the outside.in blog, I went down to DUMBO yesterday to discuss blogging at the outside.in offices. We walked through the GeoToolkit and discussed some of the interesting marketing challenges and opportunities posed by the growth of the geoweb. There was some really great food for thought to be had, and I suspect there will be some future posts coming out it.

After I left their offices, I stopped next door at Neighborhoodies. I've been in the market for a new hoodie and they happened to catch my eye. We went through their custom design process, and they made me a black hooded sweatshirt that reads "ASTORIA" on the front, with a crown on the back (for Queens, of course).

While waiting for my hoodie, I walked around the neighborhood, browsing at P.S. Bookshop, where I picked up some great post cards with cover art from classic pulp novels. I'm thinking I may throw a few in a frame when we get around to redecorating the apartment this Spring.

I followed that with a drink at reBar. Avery Ale To The Chief is a local brew commemorating Barack Obama's ascension to the White House. A little bit lighter of a taste than I usually go for, but at 8.75 ABV it is a potent ale. I recommend it. reBar's atmosphere is nice, I was there in a quiet moment before the post-work crowd started piling in, and it was a great place to pass the time. The quality of their drafts largely make up for the considerable price (a pint of Ale To The Chief ran $7).

My new hoodie in hand, I took the F train back to Queens.

No comments:

Post a Comment